Suncoast Center for Independent Living has partnered with Florida Telecommunications Relay, Inc. (FTRI). FTRI is a statewide non profit organization that provides special telephones for Hard of Hearing, Deaf, Deaf/Blind and Speech Impaired Floridians.
This program loans special telephone equipment to Floridians who are Hard of Hearing, Deaf, Deaf/Blind or Speech Impaired for as long as they need it. Using this phone equipment helps people communicate more easily.
What Equipment if Loaned?
- Phones that amplify incoming sound
- Devices that alert you when the phone rings
- Captioned telephones
- Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf (TDD/TTY)
- Braille TTY for Deaf/Blind Individuals
- Phones that amplify outgoing speech
Who is Eligible?
- Permanent Florida Residents
- Age 3 or older
- Certified as Hard of Hearing, Deaf, Deaf/Blind or Speech Impaired
For more information and to schedule an appointment, please contact Fabiola Sannon, SCIL FTRA Specialist at (941) 351-9545.